85. Christmas in July!
This is TWENTY of our favorite Christmas stories! Buckle up, here come a smorgasbord of our very favorite Christmas reads!
Last December we'd created a special bonus podcast episode that folks were able to download as a standalone paid episode. This summer, we thought it would be fun to finally release this nearly two hour binge listen to our whole audience.
Lisa-Jo and Christie share their Top 10 Christmas reads that include novels, cook books, mysteries, picture books for the kids, faith reads, fiction, and poetry.
What better time than the heat of summer to curl up with a book that reminds us of cold, crisp winters and the promise of new beginnings?
This is a deep dive into our favorite Christmas-themed books in an episode that includes read-alouds from our favorite passages and the reasons why we think these books will be good company in this season!
Here's your list of all 20 books featured in this bonus episode for you to take to the library this season!
Click here to download the full book list.
Lisa-Jo's Top Ten
- The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey
- Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Read
- A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
- The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass (aged 37 3/4) by Adrian Plass
- A Circle Of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle
- It's a Magical World: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection by Bill Waterson
- Betty Crocker
- The Jubilee Poems by John Blase
- Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How to Say No by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Break In by Dick Francis
Christie's Top Ten
- Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck
- Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days by Jeanette Winterson
- Watch for the Light: Readings for Advent and Christmas, various authors
- Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
- Christmas in Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story by Gloria Houston
- What the Land Already Knows: Winter's Sacred Days by Phyllis Tickle
- The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
- Accompanied by Angels: Poems of the Incarnation by Luci Shaw
- The Irrational Season by Madeleine L'Engle
Sponsor appreciation: In these uncertain times we're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to check out Laurel Springs for your waived registration fee and their flexible online K-12 program that is designed to encourage each student’s individuality and support their growth through a personalized approach to learning. http://laurelsprings.com/ordinary