200. Muddling through...Transitions and Goodbyes
Key Conversation Points:
- Why is Christie afraid of mediocrity? Scared of being normal? Let's not miss out on an experience because we're trying to make it extraordinary!
- There is grace in muddling through the unique transitions and goodbyes that aren't ordinary or daily. We can do it differently than our past.
- If you're wanting to mark a ritual as something special, you may not have to look far.
- Lower the bar in a healthy way. Give yourself permission to be a human. Whether a kid is driving, going to college or something else....do whatever you can to take off the weight it can bring.
- Books mentioned:
Wholeheartedness: Busyness, Exhaustion, and Healing the Divided Self by Chuck DeGroat.
Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys by David Thomas and Stephen James.
Follow Lisa-Jo on Instagram @lisajobaker and Christie at @christiepurifoy and please leave a review about what you think about today's podcast!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible. Click here to visit join Thrive Market today and get $80 in free groceries!
Click here to purchase the book Liturgy of the Ordinary and use the code TISH22 for 30% off the book.
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary135 to get $135 across 5 boxes and your first box ships free! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well!
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month.
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. Plus, FREE shipping on every order.