177. Special Grace for Special Needs
Key Conversation Points:
- There are over 15% of children in the United States with special needs. These precious children are in our schools, neighborhoods, families and churches. We can grow in our mindfulness about their unique needs and learn how to love them and their warrior families.
- Feeling alone in a crowd with the unique needs of your children can be the loneliest feeling in the world.
- Have you ever been judged with people's eyes and voices like Lisa-Jo?
- Lisa-Jo and Christie take the time to remember the past to encourage those in the trenches with little kids today. Whether you need a prayer about an EpiPen, a tantrum, a bus driver or hope, Elrena Evans has the balm for the weathered heart of caretakers of children with unique abilities.
- If you have children in your life, in any way, there's a book you need on your bedside table. The book recommendation today is Special Grace: Prayers and Reflections for Families with Special Needs by Elrena Evans, Foreward by Joni Eareckson Tada. It will help the helpers, parents, therapists, neighbors, friends and the church leaders that love these families.
- Reminder: There's a few more "Garden Party at Maplehurst" tickets available! Click here to buy them now.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.