174. Why Hope IS a Strategy
Key Conversation Points:
- The Bible says humans plan their course but God directs their paths.
- We as a people believe in needing to be rescued, even though it's utterly vulnerable and uncomfortable.
- C.S. Lewis writes in Mere Christianity, "Hope is one of the theological virtues...hope is not a form of wishful thinking or escapism."
- Does hope mean for you as it does in the Hebrew translation, the cord that binds you to God? Your mind will be blown by how it connects to Rahab!
- Christ is holding us and he is the rope. If we let go, He won't.
- In 1 Corinthians 13 it says faith, hope and love remains. We can't dismiss it. Hope is eternal.
- Hope isn't a feeling. God wants Shalom in us.
Follow Lisa-Jo on Instagram @lisajobaker and Christie at @christiepurifoy and please leave a review about what you think about today's podcast!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary130 to get $130 off including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary130
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. https://nutrafol.com/
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps