171. Creativity in the Darkness
Key Conversation Points:
- When we are confronted with real world darkness, what do we do?
- We don't have to create art that will hang in a museum. Lisa-Jo states that, "Art can be a crossing guard, doctor, chef, writer, mom raising humans or a grandpa tending to his friends at the nursing home. It is art because we have the nature of God in us."
- Curt Thompson explains, "We are people with great longing...it is in our DNA to create things..we don't want to create things of mediocrity but evil wants to disrupt all of that and in that trauma we become people of great grief."
- Don't let platitudes smooth us past the hard moment.
- Did you know C.S. Lewis fought in a war? Christie's Narnia talk takes us deeper.
- You model God's art as you live in the simplest ways.
Out of the Ordinary Suggested Reading and Music:
- Shannan's Instagram Post.
- Timothy Willard's Instagram Post about CS Lewis's war and beauty.
- Curt Thompson podcast interview is here.
- "One Chance" by Tim Be Told.
- Greg Lafollette's "Songs of Common Prayer" are here.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary130 to get $130 off including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary130
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. https://nutrafol.com/
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps