139. Author Encounters (Awkward & Awesome)
Today's Out of the Ordinary Book:
Opened Ground: Selected Poems, 1966-1996 by Seamus Heaney
Key Conversation Points:
- When's the last time you've let yourself escape with a book for a long period of time? We have a plan for you as summer ends! Sources of inspiration are coming your way!
- We're talking all things awkward and awesome about meeting authors, from screaming in the airport to giving the wrong book for the author to autograph.
- Christie so graciously explains, "Writer finds reader and reader finds writer. No one is high and the other is low. We need one another."
- What's a book that's really impacted you? Please tag us on social media!
- Lisa-Jo observes, "The great thing about writing...your words can go out and really resonate with one person and then somehow that person is linked to your story...We are in this together."
- "I could do a weird thing right now." If you've ever thought this, Christie may have you beat.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here to visit HookedOnPhonics.com/ORDINARY, and receive your first month for just one dollar.
Click here to visit Nutrafol.com and use promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first month's subscription to Nutrafol, and grow thicker, healthier hair. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time.
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.