Christmas Bonus Episode 2019: Our Top 10 Christmas Reads
Here it is! Our Top 10 Christmas reads, each! (20 Books Total!) It's a nearly 2 hour deep dive into our favorite Christmas themed novels, cook books, mysteries, picture books for the kids, faith reads, fiction, soul care, and poetry.
Your purchase of this episode supports our work and keeps the podcast lights on.
A very merry thank you, dear listeners!
From Lisa-Jo and Christie
Here's your list of all 20 books featured in this bonus episode for you to take to the library this season!
BUT, may we suggest before you scroll down to see the full list, you surprise yourself by listening to us talk our way through the countdown?
This way you get all the rich reasons behind each book choice, you'll hear us read favorite passages, and surprise ourselves and each other with what these books have meant to us.
THEN, when you're done listening to this nearly 2 hour(!) deep dive, come and print the list for your next trip to the library.
Let us be a little bossy with this suggestion because we think it will make the unwrapping of each new book described that much more fun!
Either way, enjoy!
Christie's Top Ten
- Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck
- Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days by Jeanette Winterson
- Watch for the Light: Readings for Advent and Christmas, various authors
- Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
- Christmas in Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story by Gloria Houston
- What the Land Already Knows: Winter's Sacred Days by Phyllis Tickle
- The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
- Accompanied by Angels: Poems of the Incarnation by Luci Shaw
- The Irrational Season by Madeleine L'Engle
Lisa-Jo's Top Ten
- The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey
- Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Read
- A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
- The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass (aged 37 3/4) by Adrian Plass
- A Circle Of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle
- It's a Magical World: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection by Bill Waterson
- Betty Crocker's Cook Book for Boys and Girls by Betty Crocker
- The Jubilee Poems by John Blase
- Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How to Say No by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Break In by Dick Francis