55. 2 Hard Holidays & A Holy Night (Part 1 of 3)
This is the story of a young woman's first Thanksgiving and a young child's Christmas wish.
These are stories about hard holidays, but they are only the first step in a three-part journey Christie and Lisa-Jo take together on the podcast this December.
Why revisit the hard? Why return in conversation to those darker holiday moments? Because this year's Christmas, and all our Christmases to come, are shaped by Christmas past. And the past has much to teach us.
Join Christie and Lisa-Jo on this storytelling journey as they begin to see the light that glimmers even in some of their darker memories. It is a light that will grow and grow until it shines in its fullness on two memorable holy nights.
Click here to get our Bonus Episode: Our Top 10 Christmas Reads drops!
Curious about Lisa-Jo's Detox Diary of an Instagram Addict -- click here to read along.
Have you subscribed to the podcast and left a review yet? Reviews are one of the most significant ways our listeners participate in this podcast. Your grateful reviews help other listeners find our community. Click here to leave a review on iTunes (just scroll down past the episodes to find the option to leave a review). Thank you -- we read and appreciate every one of them.
This is a deep dive into our favorite Christmas-themed books in an episode that includes:
- Novels, cook books, mysteries, picture books for the kids, faith reads, fiction, and poetry.
- Read-alouds from our favorite passages.
- The reasons why we think these books will be good company in this season.
- Plus, a list of all 20 books featured for you to take to the library this season!