192. #3 - How to Hack READING
Lisa-Jo and Christie are helping us get unstuck and have courage to do the thing we really want to try this summer! They are giving us 8 Cliff Notes for being a human.
Simple Summer Short Cut Hacks!
1. How to Hack A GARDEN (Ep. 190)
2. How to hack DRIVE TIME (Ep. 191)
3. How to hack READING (Ep. 192)
4. How to hack FEEDING YOUR FAMILY
5. How to hack a CREATIVE PROJECT
6. How to hack a PERSONALITY
7. How to hack a FREE DEGREE
8. How to hack BACK TO SCHOOL
We're saving your life this summer with 8 easy hacks to simplify your life! #3- READING HACKS!
- How to Hack Reading:
- Read more than one thing at a time.
- You have permission to skip, skim or soak in the book.
- Order from the library because it's budget friendly.
- How to hack getting your kids to read:
- Take them into a local book store to wonder and find something on their own.
- Be hands off and let them try a book you wouldn't pick for them.
- Be hands in, as far as being aware and coach them without them knowing.
- Don't correct their interpretation but be willing to listen with excitement.
- Christie and Lisa-Jo are leaving books in other places around the house so they can read at any moment.
- Lisa-Jo has a genius hack with the Kindle APP! Did you know about it?
- Embrace Audio Books, like Christie has, while her family travels or as she has time alone.
- Christie reminds us that reading isn't just to learn but a way to learn new ways of seeing, new ways of creativity and new ways of enjoying ordinary life.
- Christie's daughter is reading The Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sullivan.
Got a reader in your life? Share this week's episode with them!
Follow Lisa-Jo on Instagram @lisajobaker and Christie at @christiepurifoy and please leave a review about what you think about today's podcast!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to complete the quiz with Aisling Interiors on the space you want to redesign, then use code “ordinary'' at check out to receive 10% off any booking.
Click here to visit join Thrive Market today and get $80 in free groceries!
Click here to visit Olive & June for 20% off your first Mani System. Salon-perfect nails from home is now a dream come true with Olive & June!
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary135 to get $135 across 5 boxes and your first box ships free! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well!
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month.
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. Plus, FREE shipping on every order.