Key Conversation Points:
- Do you agree with medieval monks and think the middle of the day has a noon day demon waiting for us?
- Kathleen Norris writes in her book, Acedia & me: A Marriage, Monks, and a Writer's Life, "Might we consider boredom as not only necessary for our life but also as one of its greatest blessings....a precious chance to be alone with our thoughts and alone with God."
- Middle of the Day Quiz: Are you productive and focused like Lisa-Jo or need a boost like Christie?
- Madeleine L'engle's explanation about time from Walking on Water brings a godly perspective to our minutes and our days.
- Lisa-Jo quotes her past professor, a Catholic attoney, as she processes a holy rhythm of what God wants with our time which is more than billable hours.
Follow Lisa-Jo on Instagram @lisajobaker and Christie at @christiepurifoy and please leave a review about what you think about today's podcast!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to visit Olive & June for 20% off your first Mani System. Salon-perfect nails from home is now a dream come true with Olive & June!
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary130 to get $130 off including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary130
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. Plus, FREE shipping on every order. https://nutrafol.com/
Click here to visit Ritual and use the promo code ORDINARY to save 10% on your first three months. http://www.ritual.com/ORDINARY
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps