Key Conversation Points:
- We can bring any pain from our mothers to God. God is father and mother to us.
- Knowing our mothers outside of their relationships with us is something that's important for our growth.
- We are the protagonist of our own stories but remember our moms are the protagonists in their own stories too.
- Christie graciously encourages us to try not to focus on the little fragments with our mothers but focus on the little details that could shimmer like jewels.
- Christie and Lisa-Jo mention: "50 Things About My Mother" by Laura Brown and Mary Karr's memoirs which talk all about motherhood with details about how she navigated very difficult experiences with her mother and still found a way for a relationship.
Follow Lisa-Jo on Instagram @lisajobaker and Christie at @christiepurifoy and please leave a review about what you think about today's podcast!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to visit Olive & June for 20% off your first Mani System. Salon-perfect nails from home is now a dream come true with Olive & June!
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary130 to get $130 off including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary130
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. Plus, FREE shipping on every order. https://nutrafol.com/
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps