Key Conversation Points:
- Last week's episode is here if you’d like to listen to that first as Lisa-Jo and Christie continue to delve through the meaning of hope.
- What conversation did Lisa-Jo and Christie have that started 14 years ago about a small God?
- Is the Storyteller feeling sketchy to you too sometimes?
- You’re allowed to wail and ask questions to God through suffering. Jesus was "acquainted with grief," just like us. Suffering isn't a sign of failure.
- Sometimes you need a friend to hold the rope of hope, when we've lost all strength.
- God doesn't say "I can't use her because she's in the fetal position."
- Rom 5:3-5: "Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope. And hope does not put us to shame because God's love has been poured out..."
Follow Lisa-Jo on Instagram @lisajobaker and Christie at @christiepurifoy and please leave a review about what you think about today's podcast!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to visit Olive & June for 20% off your first Mani System. Salon-perfect nails from home is now a dream come true with Olive & June!
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary130 to get $130 off including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary130
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Nutrafol and use the promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first subscription. https://nutrafol.com/
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps