174. Why Hope IS a Strategy
Key Conversation Points:
- The Bible says humans plan their course but God directs their paths.
- We as a people believe in needing to be rescued, even though it's utterly vulnerable and uncomfortable.
- C.S. Lewis writes in Mere Christianity, "Hope is one of the theological virtues...hope is not a form of wishful thinking or escapism."
- Does hope mean for you as it does in the Hebrew translation, the cord that binds you to God? Your mind will be blown by how it connects to Rahab!
- Christ is holding us and he is the rope. If we let go, He won't.
- In 1 Corinthians 13 it says faith, hope and love remains. We can't dismiss it. Hope is eternal.
- Hope isn't a feeling. God wants Shalom in us.
Friends, please take a moment to subscribe to the show and leave us a review!
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.