163. Encountering Goodness
Key Conversation Points:
- What does it mean to pursue goodness? Have we slighted it?
- Let's stay rooted in our deep and worthy ordinary virtues even though they aren't on a typical list for new year's resolutions.
- "I'd really like to be like Ted Lasso." Do you agree with Christie on this? Ted Lasso makes goodness and kindness appealing and powerful. Tell us in the reviews what you think about Lasso. *viewer discretion advised for R rated moments*
- True goodness fights for you, inspires you and makes you braver and bolder.
- Life isn't about us being good enough for God. Christie lets us know that beauty has been linked with truth and goodness in all different kinds of philosophies.
- The writings that are mentioned: Sean of the South by Sean Dietrich and Phantastes by George McDonald.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to visit Betabrand and get 30% off your order. Find out why women are buying 5 different pairs of theses pants! https://www.betabrand.com/ordinary
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary10 to get 10 Free Meals including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary10
Click here to visit HoneyLove and get 20% off your second item. Use the code ORDINARY for an extra 10% off your entire order. https://www.honeylove.com/
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps