160. Finding the Face of God in the Storm
Out of the Ordinary Winter Reflections:
- Where's Jesus on the days when it seems He has fallen asleep in the storm? Jesus was asleep on the boat because he wasn't afraid of the waves.
- Let's lean into our dear friendships when it gets hard instead of leaning out. Especially now. Especially after this year.
- Can you be "prayer in action" in this season for someone? Jesus didn't just talk about rescuing, He did it.
- Look for the face of God this week. He's there in the ordinary moments and in the faces around you.
- Lisa-Jo is reading from "My Faith Leaks" from The Middle Matters by Lisa-Jo Baker.
- Christie's is reading from "Writing a Sermon, December 23" by Mary F. C. Pratt found in Light Upon Light, compiled by Sarah Arthur.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast. https://www.blackbarnonline.com/
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month. http://www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to visit Green Chef and use code ordinary10 to get 10 Free Meals including free shipping! The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well! https://greenchef.com/ordinary10
Click here and download the Zocdoc app to sign-up for FREE and book a top-rated doctor. https://www.zocdoc.com/ordinary
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends. http://outoftheordinarypodcast.com/ps