158. The Reflective Pause of Winter
Out of the Ordinary Reflections:
- This season is full of expectations but we aren't living the expectations we see on Hallmark. We are living in real lives, needing a real Jesus in the darkness.
- We all need a balm of hope to nourish our hearts during this season that helps us take a deep breath.
- Winter is a pause and gives us space to reflect on where we really are, not where consumer culture is wanting us to be. Where is your heart today?
- Lisa-Jo is reading from The Shadow Doctor by Adrian Plass.
- Christie's is reading from: A Child in Winter: Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany with Caryll Houselander, edited by Thomas Hoffman.
- Follow Lisa-Jo Baker @lisajobaker and Christie Purifoy @christiepurifoy
- Please let us know how this podcast encourages you in the comments.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.