151. When Life Feels Nothing Like the Movies
Key Conversation Points:
- Lisa-Jo's son passionately said, "Now listen, it's not as bad as you think." Mothers everywhere clutch their pearls at these words.
- The invisible work that no one sees matters. Find solidarity in this episode for the work you do, whether you have kids or not.
- Bearing witness to a human's life is a heavy gift. We can pause with intentional reflection but not give into the quicksand of hopelessness.
- The richest, best blessings cost us.
- There's no promise from God if you do X,Y, Z and 1, 2, 3 then everything will be okay.
- "The Weight of Memory" by Shawn Smucker is mentioned in this podcast.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here and download the Zocdoc app to sign-up for FREE and book a top-rated doctor.
Click here for 30% off your order with Betabrand, for a limited time. Find out why women are ditching typical work pants for Betabrand’s Dress Pant Yoga Pants.
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.