148. A Rescue from Your Daily Rut
Key Conversation Points:
- Who remembers the tag line for our new and improved podcast? Lisa-Jo is working on it. We've all been there.
- Join Lisa-Jo and Christie as they discuss the lowbar of hygiene, losing tempers at stupid socks and men who don't use their phones for incoming calls.
- Christie, "The ordinary can feel like the quicksand that's got a hold of us."
- Our work can feel wasted in the routine but there is a renewal of all things.
- Does our refrigerator really give us a look into our mental state? Heaven help us!
- How is it possible to commune with God in the daily, ordinary tasks?
- Nicole M. Roccas writes in her book, Time and Despondency: Regaining the Present in Faith and Life, "Time...becomes not a fatal loop of mortality but an upward spiral, a never ending dance of love drawing us farther up and farther into the eternally loving God."
- How is there beauty in dying flowers and how can it parallel our life? Lisa-Jo learned a lot from Floret Flowers on IG.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here for 30% off your order with Betabrand, for a limited time. Find out why women are ditching typical work pants for Betabrand’s Dress Pant Yoga Pants.
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here for 20% off your first order with Onyx+Rose and use promo code ORDINARY!
Click here and download the Zocdoc app to sign-up for FREE and book a top-rated doctor.
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.