142. What will wake us up?
Today's Out of the Ordinary Book:
Can You See Anything Now? written and read by Katherine James
Visiting Author, Katherine James shares a reading from her latest book!
Katherine James has also written about her son's herion addiction and this article articulates the book well.
Key Conversation Points:
- There are trigger warnings of failed suicide attempt, self harm and drug abuse but you can trust this author to lead us gently with empathy and hope.
- Christie explains that Katherine James, "explores the painful depths of human hearts but this author is someone we can trust."
- Katherine's debut novel is placed in a small town with raw, deep and intriguing characters from the first page on. Margie is the painter who is suicidal and her husband is the therapist who doesn't think he's making a difference. It's the evangelical neighbor that doesn't give up on her people that will become so endearing. You'll find parts of your people peppered through these pages and it'll make an impact.
- Although we see the brokenness and pain of real life, we also see the grace and miracles of real life too.
- You won't be able to put this Winner of the Christianity Today 2018 Fiction Book Award page turner down as your curiousity and adrenline make you stay up late to finish it.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here for 30% off your order with Betabrand, for a limited time. Find out why women are ditching typical work pants for Betabrand’s Dress Pant Yoga Pants.
Click here for 25% off when you keep everything in your Stitch Fix order.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here to visit Nutrafol.com and use promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first month's subscription to Nutrafol, and grow thicker, healthier hair. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time.
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.