141. For the Tired and Burned Out
Today's Out of the Ordinary Book:
Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl, written and read by Jennifer Dukes Lee
Key Conversation Points:
- Have you gotten mixed up and turned around and need a reset to a bruised heart from the hurry and hustle?
- Take a deep breath in and exhale slowly as we learn from a gracious and kind accidental farm girl about how to take our foot off the gas to our crazy life and grow slow.
- Lisa-Jo explains that Jennifer "charts a path for us out of the pressures of bigger, harder, faster, and into a more rooted way of living where the growth of good things is deep and lasting."
- The first chapter is entitled: "Permission to be Unspectacular." Full stop.
- Jennifer gives us hope to live a simpler life by harnessing what's not working anymore with spiritual insight. She gives possible, manageable, bite-sized morsels of truths to chew slowly in order to learn a new path that gives more life, more peace and more deep soul rest.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here for 30% off your order with Betabrand, for a limited time. Find out why women are ditching typical work pants for Betabrand’s Dress Pant Yoga Pants.
Click here for 25% off when you keep everything in your Stitch Fix order.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.