138. The Big House
Today's Out of the Ordinary Book:
The Big House: A Century in the Life of an American Summer Home by George Howe Colt
Key Conversation Points:
- How does dripping sweat get us to dripping beauty?
- When is it right to say goodbye and to let something go?
- If you're envious about people having summer homes, this book will help you.
- Referring to our book choice Christie says, "I just want to gobble it up all summer long."
- Lisa-Jo reminds us that houses are a lot like people and they ground us.
- What makes a house magical is that it becomes a vessel for family history.
- Now we all want chocolate truffle parties!
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here to visit HookedOnPhonics.com/ORDINARY, and receive your first month for just one dollar.
Click here to visit Nutrafol.com and use promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first month's subscription to Nutrafol, and grow thicker, healthier hair. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time.
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.