135. On Father Figures in Books and Life
Today's Out of the Ordinary Book:
Fantastic Mr. Fox, Roald Dahl
Key Conversation Points:
- Christie shocks Lisa-Jo with a 20-year old revelation
- What Lisa-Jo's dad has in common with Fantastic Mr. Fox
- The one thing Christie's dad most wanted to do while at Maplehurst this week
- What children know that grownups often won't admit
- Where this book falls on the Roald Dahl sliding scale of creepiness
- Why even children need conflict in their stories.
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary100 and use code ordinary100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Click here to visit HookedOnPhonics.com/ORDINARY, and receive your first month for just one dollar.
Click here to visit Nutrafol.com and use promo code ORDINARY to save $15 off your first month's subscription to Nutrafol, and grow thicker, healthier hair. This is their best offer anywhere and it is only available to US customers for a limited time.
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.