128. The Gospel According to Fairy Tales
Today's Out of the Ordinary Books:
Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy, Karen Foxlee
The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman
Once Upon a River, Diane Setterfield
"Instructions" by Neil Gaiman (poem)
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
How the Books We Read Help Us Better Understand the Lives we Lead:
- Why Lisa-Jo has a very "non-magical" Maplehurst visit this time around
- How magic shows up in our ordinary lives and what it does
- The two ways that Fairy Tales offer us to see our so-called ordinary differently
- What Fairy Tales and the Gospel have in common
- A magical reading by Christie
Click here to join the conversations we have with listeners every week around the podcast.
Sponsor appreciation: We're so grateful to partner with show sponsors that keep making our work possible.
Click here to go to GreenChef.com/ordinary90 and use code ordinary90 to get $90 off including free shipping!
Click here to join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health through the online counseling offered by BetterHelp. Get 10% off your first month by visiting www.betterhelp.com/ordinary
Click here to sign up for your own digital Paper&String care package curated by Christie, Lisa-Jo and friends.